Use 100% Lanolin only.
How to Lanolise a Wool Cover
Please ensure you wash your wool cover before use and prior to lanolising, no need to dry in between.
Disana wool covers should be hand washed in cold water using a wool detergent.
- Mix a good pea size (1/2tsp) of lanolin in 1/2 cup boiling water with a little squirt of baby/body wash to help emulsify.
- Stir until mixture is combined (it may turn milky)
- Add mixture to a about a litre (depending on size of cover) of luke warm water and mix to combine
- Turn wool cover inside out and submerge, move around to get even distribution of the mixture
- Leave for about 1.5/2hrs to absorb the liquid
- Gently squeeze out excess water (do not wring) and line dry in shade
- Wash and lanolise every 3-4 weeks unless soiled.
- Turn cover back the right way, pop between two towels and roll up.